Cafe: Left of Field

You know when you get food envy at a restaurant while eyeing what everyone else ordered? That pretty much sums up eating at Left of Fie...

You know when you get food envy at a restaurant while eyeing what everyone else ordered? That pretty much sums up eating at Left of Field. I'd read about this new cafe opening up near my parents neighbourhood, in Rhodes and after reading the menu I insisted we had to go.


^^ Excuse the ratchet hair, we had just flown from Lismore to Sydney that morning and my personal appearance was obviously not a priority. 


Left of Field Cafe, Shop 3/7 Gauthorpe St Rhodes, NSW


Ok sorry for the lack of food photos but we literally just ate it as soon as it hit the table. I got the "gin- and juniper-cured trout with fennel, poached eggs and yuzu foam" and R got the "quail brined in honey & lemon, moghrabieh, dates, chorizo and onion rings". In case that wasn't enough food (it was...) we also got a side of shoestring fries with pecorino & truffle oil. I have no idea what yuzu foam even is but the food was so so tasty. I highly recommend! The cafe itself is pretty trendy for an innerwest/western suburbs eatery (no offence, I grew up in the west).

I'm eyeing the crab burger and hotcakes with earl grey custard and maple popcorn still. You know it's love when you've already picked out what you're ordering next time...

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

I'm listening!

INSTAGRAM FEED

Flickr Images