Message From Mother

Halfway through a lecture of tidal wave proportions, in a room full of 400 other confused humans trying to stay afloat, I get a message. It ...

Halfway through a lecture of tidal wave proportions, in a room full of 400 other confused humans trying to stay afloat, I get a message. It is from my mom.

Annie,
You got a postal article. Love Mom.
The lecture continues and more waves are flung, of too much information in not enough time, of words and "simple" diagrams which make everyone groan collectively. I wonder distantly if 3GP, 3PG, PGA, GADP, PGAL are the same, if they are all the same or some of them are the same, or if none of them are the same, or if they are the same but not really.

At home:
Mom: Did you get my message?!
Me: Yes
Mom: Why didn't you reply?
Me: You messaged me in the middle of a lecture!
Mom: So? You can message during class can't you?
Me: Mom!
Mom: Well why do you think I bothered to text you instead of calling!
And then I remembered the countless minutes of her poring over the keypad of a new mobile,  wondering why she could not type fast enough to reply to her daughter's messages. Mothers are amazing.

You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

  1. this post may or may not have ignited a warm fuzzy feeling inside my chest :p dude my dad is getting an iphone5 even though he can barely function a touch pad hahaha. glad you had fun at camp btw :) miss you, a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that is so sweet! my dad got my old phone which has a full keyboard: still waiting for him to send a single message with it :))

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening!

INSTAGRAM FEED

Flickr Images