I Hate Thursdays

It feels like a Friday today. I guess my body is kind of in denial after way too many hours of uni. I didn't think 23 or so hours a week...

It feels like a Friday today. I guess my body is kind of in denial after way too many hours of uni. I didn't think 23 or so hours a week would be all that bad, even when comparing myself to others in conversation...I mean psht whatever, you have like 12 hours and a 4 day weekend, it's NOT THAT BIG of a difference, there is no need to give me that shocked and pitying look... who am I kidding... I FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF. 

9am-6pm is not fun :( Especially when the last two hours of the day are spent in a tutorial deceivingly named "perspectives in medical science" where we sit around in an awkward circle talking about our feelings and drawing pictures of ourselves at uni. (The stoner guy with dreads next to me pointed out that the lab goggles I drew actually resembled a giant bow on my head.) 

Ok, complaining is over. I actually love uni. The fact that no-one gives a damn whether you fail or not, whether you did "homework" or not and the fact that you sit next to someone in a lecture and never see them again... I like that. I  like the whole self-directed thing. I like the anonymity, being able to spend the whole day by yourself if you really felt inclined. I am seriously not a loner I swear haha but really, I think I just thrive on this independence vibe a whole lot better. Although maybe because the shiny-new feeling is still lingering. We shall see.

Anyway, despite the fact that it kind of isn't friday, I'm going to embrace it and say it is friday. It is friday. 

Week summary:
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Wearing a lab coat for the first time
  • Looking spiffy in said lab coat
  • Having lunch with different people every day
  • Buying half-price Tony Bianco nude platform pumps
  • NO uni tomorrow
LOWLIGHTS
  • Searching for the best lasagna on campus and failing miserably**
  • Wearing safety goggles
  • Having said safety goggles fog up and severely impair vision and sense of coolness
  • Spending too much $$$
**WARNING: do not buy the lasagne from GraduEAT, it tastes like dry pieces of hard cardboard in between slices of soft cardboard.

Plus I know tomorrow will be a good day, lazing the whole day away, dinner with chums and partying it sideways (hopefully) at the white party and will finally get to see ww's face for the first time since 320 BC.

Buona sera comrades!

(Or comrade depending on how many people actually suffered through this word-heavy post)

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

INSTAGRAM FEED

Flickr Images