Bella

I know a girl whose eyes can make you melt inside. She makes you feel young, new. She makes you want to steal her away and hide her from eve...

I know a girl whose eyes can make you melt inside.
She makes you feel young, new. She makes you want to steal her away and hide her from everything that is ugly.
And at the end of those days when you're too tired to give a shit about anything, she can look at you without saying anything and somehow- everytime- you wonder how she can manage to look like she just understands all the crap you dealt with, all the quiet disappointments and in-between moments when you don't want anyone to see you because you feel emptied out.

I'm sure a lot of people understand, that despite the fact she has four legs and a really wet nose, she can feel like your best friend when you don't feel much of a friend to anyone. God I sound like a loser...anyway, found these, taken a couple of years ago...haven't managed to dig up any photos taken by the dslr yet.

Back in the day when woolly tights were "cool"
I find it a bit odd that despite having watched her grow up from a mere baby to an "adult" (yeah, all 25 cm of her), she's the one watching me stumble through life while she reclines in her little basket, occasionally clambering out to paw at my legs if she wants food. Whatever, that's unconditional love.

Also, listen to "Bella" - Angus & Julia Stone. It takes you places. It took me to a cornfield. Though cornfields probably aren't as cool in real life anyway. And the part when julia says "hello" at the beginning kind of still freaks me out.

But that's besides the point because it is one of the most beautiful, beautiful songs I've ever heard!

You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

I'm listening!

INSTAGRAM FEED

Flickr Images